Summer Dance Program
JUNE 24 through AUGUST 2, 2019
New this summer – “Progressing Ballet Technique” for the Pre-Professional day intensive students! See more more about this exciting program below.
Registration is now open for our 2019 Summer Dance Program! Click here to enroll. Class lists may be found below, or click on the following link for the brochure: Brochure – Summer 2019
For information about class attire, directions, parking, as well as school policies and procedures, click on the following link for the student handbook: Student Handbook – Summer 2019
COMMUNITY DIVISION FOR AGES 3 THROUGH ADULT
June 24 — August 2 One Six-Week Session
Price listed is for one class per week as indicated. See the brochure for multiple class rates for the adult/teen series. No classes on July 4th. Makeup day is July 3rd.
- Pre-Ballet ▪ Ages 3 & 4 ▪ $105 – Thursday, 4:30-5:15 pm. Must be age 3, potty-trained, & able to separate from parent.
- Introduction to Ballet ▪ Ages 5 & 6 ▪ $105 – Thursday, 5:30-6:30 pm. For students without barre experience
- Youth Ballet I ▪ Ages 5 & 6 ▪ $105 – Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 pm.
- Youth Ballet II ▪ Ages 7-9 ▪ $105 – Tuesday, 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Youth Ballet III/Pre-pointe/Foot Exercises – Ages 9-13 ▪ $140 – Tuesday, 4:00-6:00 pm. (both Tuesday & Thursday YBIII classes—$240)
- Youth Ballet III, with Pointe – ages 9-13 ▪ $140 – Thursday, 4:00-6:00 pm. (Both Tuesday & Thursday YBIII classes—$240) For students with at least one year of pointe classes, or for the student interested in taking two classes a week in this level. Pointe work exercises may be done on demi-pointe.
- Stretch/Injury Prevention ▪ $105 – Thursday, 6:00-7:00 pm. Suitable for adults & teens
- Adult/Teen Pointe ▪ $105 – Tuesday, 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Adult/Teen Ballet ▪ Intermediate/Advanced ▪ $105 – Tuesday OR Thursday, 7:00-8:30 pm.
- Adult/Teen Pointe ▪ $45 – Thursday, 8:30-9:00 pm. Must take the ballet class at 7:00-8:30 pm
- Adult/Teen Ballet ▪ Beginner I ▪ $105 – Thursday, 6:45-7:45 pm.
PRE-PROFESSIONAL DAY INTENSIVE CLASSES
Introducing “Progressing Ballet Technique” – Tuesdays throughout the summer program! This revolutionary supplementary dance training will sharpen technical precision and includes exercises to strengthen core stability, muscle control, and balance. Click here for more information about Progressing Ballet Technique!
Throughout the Summer Dance Program, guest master teachers are invited to instruct the Pre-Professional day intensive students. At select times, a “Meet the Artist” session is held from 12:30-1:00 pm, providing both students and parents a unique opportunity to learn the insights of the world of dance from seasoned professionals. Information about each scheduled “Meet the Artist” session may be found within the teacher listings below.
SESSION I: JUNE 24 – JULY 12 / SESSION II: JULY 15 – AUGUST 2
Choose from either session or both for optimal training! Or, choose your weeks to attend! No classes on July 4th. Students enrolled that week may make up that missed day during any other class day during the summer 2019 dance program.
- 1 Week – $250 (Choose any single week; or add an extra week to any 3-week session)
- 3 Weeks – $700 (Session I or II, or any combination of 3 weeks—your choice)
- 6 Weeks – $1200 (Both Sessions I & II)
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Upper Intermediate/Advanced Level, Girls & Boys, 12 years and older. Open to serious students. Girls should be on pointe. Includes Ballet Technique, Pointe & Variations, Introduction to Modern, and other dance forms, Music Appreciation, Dance History, and Projects focusing on well-known ballets. Includes “Progressing Ballet Technique.”
- Intermediate Level Girls & Boys, ages 9-11. Open to serious students. Includes Ballet Technique, Introduction to Modern, and other dance forms, Music Appreciation, Dance History, and Projects focusing on the great ballets. Includes “Progressing Ballet Technique.”
2019 MASTER TEACHERS: PRE-PROFESSIONAL DIVISION
HOLLY BURNS – Progressing Ballet Technique
- Dancer, Physical Therapist
- Roxey Ballet Company, Joffrey Ballet, Nutmeg Conservatory, Ballet Austin
- Widener University – Doctorate In Physical Therapy
- Member of The International Association For Dance Medicine And Science (IADMS)
Teaching every Tuesday during the 2019 summer program!
Progressing Ballet Technique is an innovative program developed by Marie Walton-Mahon for students to understand the depth of training muscle memory in achieving their personal best in classical ballet. Click here for more information about this exciting program!
Teaching June 24 through June 28, 2019
Thursday, June 27, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
- The Ailey School
- PYB’s Nutcracker, Petrushka, Midsummer Night’s Dream
Teaching July 1 thru July 3, 2019
Wednesday, July 3, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
Martin Carrasco Bio & Photo
- Michigan Ballet, Florida Ballet, Atlantic Ballet Theater
- Berkshire Ballet, Metropolitan Opera Ballet Company
- LKW Dance Center – Artistic Director of the Ballet Program
Teaching July 8 thru July 12, 2019
Thursday, July 11, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
Stephaen Hood – Bio & Photo
- Ballet-Fleming, Verb Ballets
- Ballet Theatre of Maryland – Soloist
- PYB’s Nutcracker, Midsummer Night’s Dream
Teaching July 15 thru July 19, 2019
Thursday, July 18, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
Darren McIntyre – Bio & Photo
- Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director, Adjudicator, Writer, Casting Agent
- Australian Ballet, Milwaukee Ballet, Akjun Ballet Theatre
- Ballet Master/Artistic Associate – Fort Wayne Ballet, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Guest Principal Dancer – Northwest Florida Ballet, Florida
- Guest Artist – PYB’s Carnaval – Arlequin; A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Oberon
Teaching July 22 through July 26, 2019
Thursday, July 25, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
Claire Davison – Bio & Photo
- Youth America Grand Prix Finalist
- American Ballet Theatre – Corps de Ballet
- PYB’s Nutcracker
Teaching July 29 through August 2, 2019
Thursday, August 1, 12:30-1:00 p.m. – “Meet the Artist”
Ian Hussey – Bio & Photo
- Pennsylvania Ballet – Principal Dancer
- PYB’s 2019 Nutcracker – Sugar Plum Cavalier
Teaching July 29, 31, and August 2, 2019
- Dancer, Teacher, Pilates Instructor
- Point Park University, Nashville Ballet
- PYB Alumna