Summer Dance Program
JUNE 29 through AUGUST 7, 2020
Click here for ONLINE REGISTRATION!
IN ORDER TO TO ENTER THE BUILDING, ALL STUDENTS, AS WELL AS ANY ADULT ACCOMPANYING YOUNGER STUDENTS, MUST WEAR A FACE MASK OR FACE COVERING. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE EXHIBITING ANY SIGNS OF ILLNESS SUCH AS SNEEZING, COUGHING, SNIFFLES, HAVE A FEVER, OR DON’T FEEL WELL.
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PLAN
Special care has been given to clean and sanitize our facility for the safety of our dancers, staff, and families.
- Hand sanitizing areas have been set up.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will take place between all classes.
- Everyone entering and exiting the building must wear a face covering or mask.
- Students must register in advance online via the BGLV website.
- Students may enroll for either the “Studio” (in-person) or the Zoom Online classes (See Zoom information below) as offered.
- Space in the classroom is limited for health reasons. Each student will have an assigned place for the duration of the class and must attend all classes as indicated or forfeit their reserved spot. Students may not join the class on Zoom during the week he/she is registered for the “Studio” (in-person) classes.
- Students should not attend the Studio (In-Person) classes if they are ill or have COVID-19 symptoms. The office should be contacted immediately if a student is ill. Visit the following website for more information about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- SYMPTOMS INCLUDE: Fever or chills, Cough, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
- ENTRANCE to the building will be by the front door only. Everyone entering the building must wear a mask. Young students may be escorted by one parent/guardian into the building to the second floor.
- The Parent Lounge and Waiting areas are not available this summer. Parents/Guardians should wait outside or in their car for optimum safety
- EXIT FROM the building will be by the rear door (through the Sun Inn Courtyard) only. Community students in the youth programs will be escorted to the rear door by their teachers. Parents should be on time and waiting for their child outside the rear door in a safe distancing manner.
- Teachers will remain 6 feet from students.
- Students will remain in the same room for the entire class/day.
- Students may not gather together in the hallway.
- Dressing Rooms will be closed this summer. Dance attire should be worn to the class with street clothing covering. Carry in ballet slippers/tap shoes/pointe shoes as needed.
- Dance bags will be placed in an allocated place in the studio.
- Water bottle and snack sales from the office are not available this year.
- Loaner shoes or leotards are not available this year.
- Supplies to bring: (depending on the individual student’s age/division)
- Water Bottle (Water filling station available on the 3rd floor; access limited to one student at a time)
- Dance Supplies—shoes, etc.
- Pre-Professional Division:
- Yoga Mat for Progressing Ballet Technique class (Thursday during the summer dance program)
- Resistance band — should measure 6” wide and 9 feet long for PBT classes
- Online classes will be held via Zoom, a video conferencing application that is free and easy to install on a phone, laptop or tablet. After May 30, 2020, in order to join a Zoom meeting you are required to be on Zoom 5.0 or higher. If you have not updated your desktop or mobile client, you will have the choice to update or join via a browser.
- Your device must have a working camera and microphone/audio, and you will need a high speed internet connection. You will see and hear the teacher on your device screen and the teacher will be able to see you in order to provide corrections and feedback.
- Invitations (web links) for admission to all classes and events will be password protected.
- Only enrolled students will be admitted into our virtual classrooms. Students will pass through a Zoom waiting room so that the teacher can validate their status. BGLV/PYB will disable the recording for all attendees, and “spotlight” view will be turned on so that the teacher fills the screen.
- If you do not have the necessary equipment or internet access for participation we recommend you postpone participation.
- Students name (not parent) must be listed on Zoom for the teacher to address them during classes.
- Uniform and hair requirements are the same as for the Studio (In-Person) classes.
SUMMER CLASS INFORMATION
Choice of in-person on online classes via Zoom for many levels – see brochure for details. Recently, online options were added for the following classes: Community Division Youth Ballet II, Youth Ballet III, Adult/Teen Ballet and Adult/Teen Pointe class. Our in-person classes are limited in size so that we are able to maintain social distancing guidelines. These classes will be filled on a first come, first-served basis. Registration, payment, and liability waiver must be submitted to reserve your spot for the in-person classes.
This summer, BGLV and Tap Ties are teaming up this summer to offer dance students excellence in tap dance instruction. Classes for ages 12 and up will be held online. Register with Tap Ties now! Click here!
Tap Ties Tap Class Descriptions – class information. See BGLV brochure for times and tuition.
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY FULL
- Advanced Level, Pre-Professional Division, In-Person, Morning Classes – Weeks 1 (one), 3 (three), 4 (four), 5 (five), and 6 (six) Space is still available for Morning Online classes for Weeks 4, 5, & 6 – enroll now!
- Intermediate Level, Pre-Professional Division, In-Person, Morning Classes – Weeks 1 (one) and 5 (five). Space is still available for the Online Morning Class session for Week 5 (five) as well as the In-Person OR Online classes for Weeks 4 (four) and 6 (six).
- Adult/Teen Ballet, Community Division, Tuesday and Thursday evening. Drop-Ins will not be permitted because of health & safety reasons.
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE CANCELED
- AFTERNOON SESSIONS FOR BOTH Advanced & Intermediate Levels, Pre-Professional Division, In Person & Online for Weeks 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6